Thursday, July 29, 2010

Tis Better to Have Loved and Lost--Is A Crock of Bull.

Once, a long time ago, I modified that old statement so that it was acceptable to me, but, of course, I can't for the life of me remember what I modified it too.

I admit it, I am a complete cynic. Do I believe in Love (with a capital L), sure! Have I ever been in Love? Once, how do I know? Because he's the only ex-anything I still care for, even still love (without the capital L). But as for love in the future, I guess my response depends on whose asking. Love. huh....

Having been in love, it's like life's greatest regret, the one you can never outrun, forget, or outlive. It's always there, no matter how much you want it to be gone or you tell your now-someone that it's gone, it will never be gone. That person, that time, that ...Love, first, last, somewhere in the middle one changed something that affects every following moment.

Never having been in love however, that, THAT is like the greatest gift in life is still awaiting you; the greatest pleasure, the greatest pain, the greatest moment to be alive. If you've never been in love, you are lucky, you still have it to look forward to.

If you have never had your heart broken, I truly think you may be missing out. The words Exquisite Pain come to mind, a pain so pure and thorough it rips right through you, but nothing else ever makes you Feel as much. I can remember it clear as day, I can still feel it, and you know what? I smile at it. Maybe because I know what it was born of, Love, maybe, maybe for soem other, as-of-yet unfathomable reason.

No comments: